Meet our Vice-President Administration and Chief Operating Officer
The Administration portfolio serves USask in the areas of financial operations, human resources, IT, major capital building projects, facilities and consumer services. We are focused on creating a safe, engaging and welcoming environment that inspires learning and discovery, and empowering all to support and sustain USask’s aspirations to be The University the World Needs.
Role and Responsibilities
The vice-president administration primary accountabilities include:
- Further the university’s mission and goals through the leadership and oversight of the university’s human, technical, physical and operational finance resources.
- Develop and foster a service-oriented culture across the Administration portfolio
- Leadership that builds community both within and external to the university
Vision and stewardship
- quality managerial practices that protect and leverage the university’s assets including processes, systems and investments
- long‐term and comprehensive approach to the assembly and mobilization of resources
Capital and space planning
- Long-term strategic planning frameworks to guide the successful development of the university into the future.
- Comprehensive capital planning frameworks to ensure accountable and effective management of major capital projects.
Greg Fowler is passionate about service. Extensive efforts have been made and continue under his leadership to change the culture of administrative services on campus to one of “service first" and sees opportunities in the university plan to align administration priorities behind the university’s core mission.
The administration portfolio covers a tremendous range of activities and functions and works together to support the vision and mission of the university in a customer-centric, agile, and cost-effective way and is made up of:
Information and Communications Technology
The avp information and communications technology provides leadership for developing and implementing technology services that assist in the delivery of world-class teaching, research and administrative services.
The avp people provides strategic counsel and oversight for human and financial operation resources in support of the teaching, research, and outreach activities of the university.
The associate vice-president services oversees transactional shared service, the operations and maintenance of university buildings and facilities, protective services, and consumer services.
- Administration unit directory
Units reporting directly to the vice-president administration:
PARTNERING TO BE THE UNIVERSITY THE WORLD NEEDS
This administration strategic plan provides our portfolio direction to achieving the ambitions, commitments and goals of the University Plan 2025.
Strategic Goal 1
Create a safe, engaging and welcoming environment that inspires learning and discovery.
Strategic Goal 2
Focus relentlessly on our shared commitments.
Strategic Goal 3
Empower all to support and sustain the USask mission for future generations.
Peter MacKinnon Building, Room 204
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon SK S7N 5A2
For meeting, speaking or general scheduling requests, and general information or questions please contact Ashley Jensen.