We are building on a dynamic research culture that enriches the academic experience for our students, creates new knowledge across a broad array of disciplines, and helps improve the economic, social, and cultural vitality of our region and beyond. Together, we will unleash discovery the world needs.
We're innovating, connecting and discovering solutions through our research.
Research highlights and major announcements.
Signature Areas of Research
Areas of research and scholarship that help position USask among the most distinguished universities in Canada and the world.
Dr. Baljit Singh - Vice-President Research
Working with partners and building on the University of Saskatchewan’s renowned history of discovery and innovation spanning more than a century, Dr. Singh works to enhance globally important research with local impacts.
The Office of the Vice-President Research portfolio covers a tremendous range of activities and functions to support, enhance, promote and celebrate USask's research, scholarly and artistic activities.
Role and Responsibilities
The Vice-President Research's primary accountabilities include:
- Developing strategies, programs, services and supports to enhance the research, scholarly and artistic environment
- Celebrating and promoting research, scholarly and artistic achievements and capabilities in provincial, national, and international arenas
- Fostering innovation, entrepreneurship and knowledge transfer
- Forging inter- and multi-disciplinary collaborations and research partnerships
- Oversight of the management of the research enterprise, including policy development, processes and administration
Sensitivity of the university to the needs and aspirations of marginalized communities locally and globally has deeply influenced me and my work. I am deeply committed to the process of Indigenization and advancing education and research through collaboration with Indigenous scholars and communities.
- Dr. Baljit Singh