Leading, supporting and celebrating the student learning and development cycle.
Students are at the centre of our work and we seek and achieve diversity in our people, our academic programs, our ways of knowing and working, and our services.
The role enhances the work of the provost and vice-president, academic in the areas of teaching, learning and student experience:
- We champion and promote the success of our students by recognizing the mind, body and life aspects of wellness and by acknowledging the unique desires, pursuits, and pathways of our learners. We strive to offer consistent, creative and sustainable services that are responsive to current students and anticipate the needs of future students.
- We create environments that empower and challenge staff to offer the highest levels of expertise and service with compassion, integrity and professionalism and to recognize the value of their many contributions.
- We encourage and support our academic instructors in the continuous development of enhanced teaching practices leading to deep and meaningful learning experiences.
- We shape and carry out the vision, mission, values, and strategic commitments of the university and connect with communities to seek guidance and to follow mutual goals.
Learning, Teaching and the Student Experience Plan
FOSTERING TOMORROW'S LEADERS
This plan articulates how the university will create teaching, learning and student experiences that develop our future learners, professionals and leaders.
The Teaching, Learning and Student Experience (TLSE) portfolio covers a tremendous range of activities and functions involving teaching, learning and students at all levels of study.
The units that makeup the TLSE portfolio, include:
- Strategic Enrolment Management
- University Registrar’s Office
- Student Affairs and Services
- Teaching and Learning Enhancement
- Distance Education Unit
- Service Team
The vice-provost of teaching, learning and student experience reports to the provost and vice-president, academic.