Providing leadership, strategic counsel, and oversight of USask people and safety strategies and programs in support of the institution’s overall mission, values and strategic priorities. We are focused on creating safe, engaging and welcoming work and learning environments.
Human Resources (HR) and Safety Resources are led by the Associate Vice President, People and Chief Human Resources Officer. Our teams provide leadership, strategic counsel, and oversight of USask people and safety strategies and programs in support of the institution’s overall mission, values, and strategic priorities. We provide oversight of HR and safety policy, procedures, and programs ensuring operational effectiveness and compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and collective agreements. Our team of HR and Safety professionals are key strategic partners and trusted advisors to our USask community.
Working across a shared services delivery model, the HR portfolio delivers best practice policy, programs and solutions to the university community in the areas of:
- total rewards (compensation, employee benefits and wellness, pension)
- talent management (complement planning
- talent pipelines, strategies, and acquisition
- succession planning and retirement planning
- employer brand and employee value proposition
- learning and development and leadership development
- career engagement and mobility
- employee and labour relations lead or participate in certain equity, diversity, inclusion and indigenization initiatives
Safety resources delivers best practice policy, programs and solutions to the university community in the areas of:
- asbestos management
- construction safety
- hazardous waste management and environmental protection
- fire and life safety
- injury prevention/WCB
- research safety
- safety management systems.
We are active leaders in supporting a safe and healthy work environment for all members of the campus community and growth of a more diverse and inclusive campus community through the university’s Indigenous and EDI strategies.
Portfolio and Org Structure
The Associate Vice-President People, and Chief Human Resources Officer reports to the Vice-President Administration.
Office of the AVP, People and Chief Human Resources Officer
E140-105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2